Monday, February 14, 2011

3.2.1.

One thing that I learned from this chapter was that the industrial revolution was not localized in Europe, but spread across the entire globe. I also learned that it was a revolution because of modernization of different industries due to many new inventions. And I also learned that the revolution sparked many reforms and different ideas about the role of government. One thing that I found interesting was the fact that children were being treated like adults in the workplace, being beaten and forced to work long hours. Another thing that I found interesting was the function of the many inventions created during the revolution. They were all created to make work easier and more efficient. One question I still have is why the legislative reforms didn't happen sooner. Why didn't people realize how bad the working conditions actually were?

No comments:

Post a Comment